Do you need to make use of primary information sources such as archives and manuscripts as part of your research?
An introduction to using manuscripts, archives and rare books will take place at the John Rylands University Library, Deansgate from 10-12pm on 27th January 2011.
The course will cover the following:
• To provide a positive introduction to the services offered within Special Collections,
• To enable the student to identify potential collections for research and learning purposes.
• To enable the student to handle early and fragile materials appropriately.
• To enable the student to describe the basic features of manuscripts and printed books they will be working with.
• Catalogues and Collections,
• Basic Book and manuscript terminology
For more details and to sign up please consult the JRUL training calendar: http://www.library.manchester.ac.uk/courses/calendar/